Rough Carpenter Job Description
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Study diagrams to decide where structures should be built.
- Order and cut materials.
- Build scaffolding for buildings and ships.
- Set up shoots to pour concrete.
- Measure distances using measuring tape.
- Saw boards, plywood, or timber.
- Nail materials together.
- Anchor forms into place using rods, cables, wedges, nails, and timbers.
- Build scaffolds, roof supports, chutes, and framework.
- Build and install door and window frames.
- Erect trestles and cofferdams.
- Install subflooring and other fixtures.
- Detect rot, decay, or chips in framework and make repairs as needed.
- Dig post holds to support framework.
- Design and build falsework to temporarily strengthen, protect, or disguise buildings.
- Nail plaster grounds to studding to provide guide for plasterer.
- Nail cleats to boards to provide support.
We are looking for skilled carpenters that can do the following: rough framing, siding, exterior trim, install windows and doors, interior trim work and all aspects of the resident...
Job Title Carpenter Job Description Summary The Carpenter is a skilled craftsman position performing carpentry work for a building or facility (rough and finish) that require...
Job Description: Support the Antarctic Support Contract and the National Science Foundation's United States Antarctic Program, accomplishing hands-on carpentry tasks on maintenanc...