Responsible for building and erecting rough wooden structures, including scaffolds, tunnels, bridges, concrete forms, billboards, and sewer supports.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Study diagrams to decide where structures should be built.
- Order and cut materials.
- Build scaffolding for buildings and ships.
- Set up shoots to pour concrete.
- Measure distances using measuring tape.
- Saw boards, plywood, or timber.
- Nail materials together.
- Anchor forms into place using rods, cables, wedges, nails, and timbers.
- Build scaffolds, roof supports, chutes, and framework.
- Build and install door and window frames.
- Erect trestles and cofferdams.
- Install subflooring and other fixtures.
- Detect rot, decay, or chips in framework and make repairs as needed.
- Dig post holds to support framework.
- Design and build falsework to temporarily strengthen, protect, or disguise buildings.
- Nail plaster grounds to studding to provide guide for plasterer.
- Nail cleats to boards to provide support.