Responsible for overseeing the sales department within a company or organization. Sets local and regional sales quotas, manages sales support staff and representatives, and advises company about sales performance.
- Direct distribution of product or service.
- Develop and follow up on business leads.
- Cold call, direct email, and perform other lead generation activities.
- Manage team of sales staff.
- Assign sales territories, set sales goals, and establish training programs for the organization’s sales representatives.
- Set sales quotas.
- Advise the sales representatives on ways to improve their sales performance.
- Develop scripts.
- Oversee regional and local sales managers and their staffs.
- Maintain contact with dealers and distributors.
- Analyze sales statistics gathered by their staffs to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and to monitor customers' preferences.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Travel to different locations to make sales calls.
- Arrange for travel.
- Attend and preside over sales meetings.
- Maintain reports.
- Generate numbers for company to determine if sales goals have been met.
- Hire, train, and lead sales representatives.
- Develop motivational material.
- Create prizes and other incentives for sales reps to meet their goal.