Responsible for transporting children from school to home or from home to school. Picks up children along scheduled route and ensures they remain in their seats until they reach their destination.
- Transport children to and from school.
- Pick up children along scheduled routes at the same time every day.
- Before stopping, operate stop sign and flashing lights on bus to alert traffic.
- Pick up students in the morning and return them home or to the designated bus stop in the afternoon.
- Check the bus tires, lights, and oil and do other basic maintenance.
- Pick up and drop off kids at designated locations.
- Follow a planned route on a time schedule.
- Help disabled children get on and off the bus.
- Ensure children stay in their seat at all times.
- Discipline unruly children.
- Follow traffic laws and state and federal transit regulations
- Follow safety procedures to make sure they and all kids are safe
- Keep passengers informed of possible delays.
- Listen to alerts about bad weather.
- Carefully navigate roads and watch for ice, debris, or slippery spots.
- Report accidents immediately.
- Call police during an emergency.
- Work at school in other occupations, such as janitors, cafeteria workers, or mechanics, between morning and afternoon trips.
- Drive students to field trips, sporting events, and other activities.
- Enforce rules regarding conduct.