School Bus Driver Job Description
- Transport children to and from school.
- Pick up children along scheduled routes at the same time every day.
- Before stopping, operate stop sign and flashing lights on bus to alert traffic.
- Pick up students in the morning and return them home or to the designated bus stop in the afternoon.
- Check the bus tires, lights, and oil and do other basic maintenance.
- Pick up and drop off kids at designated locations.
- Follow a planned route on a time schedule.
- Help disabled children get on and off the bus.
- Ensure children stay in their seat at all times.
- Discipline unruly children.
- Follow traffic laws and state and federal transit regulations
- Follow safety procedures to make sure they and all kids are safe
- Keep passengers informed of possible delays.
- Listen to alerts about bad weather.
- Carefully navigate roads and watch for ice, debris, or slippery spots.
- Report accidents immediately.
- Call police during an emergency.
- Work at school in other occupations, such as janitors, cafeteria workers, or mechanics, between morning and afternoon trips.
- Drive students to field trips, sporting events, and other activities.
- Enforce rules regarding conduct.
Bus drivers transport people between various places-including, work, school, shopping malls-and across state and national borders. Some drive regular routes, and others transport p...
Now Hiring Part-Time School Bus Drivers in Augusta, ME At Company, our Bus Drivers are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer ser...
Private Bus Service needs EXPERIENCED part-time School Bus Drivers for elementary and middle school students. Morning and afternoon routes, Mon - Fri. (5 hrs/day). Must have Class ...