School Bus Driver Job Description
- Transport children to and from school.
- Pick up children along scheduled routes at the same time every day.
- Before stopping, operate stop sign and flashing lights on bus to alert traffic.
- Pick up students in the morning and return them home or to the designated bus stop in the afternoon.
- Check the bus tires, lights, and oil and do other basic maintenance.
- Pick up and drop off kids at designated locations.
- Follow a planned route on a time schedule.
- Help disabled children get on and off the bus.
- Ensure children stay in their seat at all times.
- Discipline unruly children.
- Follow traffic laws and state and federal transit regulations
- Follow safety procedures to make sure they and all kids are safe
- Keep passengers informed of possible delays.
- Listen to alerts about bad weather.
- Carefully navigate roads and watch for ice, debris, or slippery spots.
- Report accidents immediately.
- Call police during an emergency.
- Work at school in other occupations, such as janitors, cafeteria workers, or mechanics, between morning and afternoon trips.
- Drive students to field trips, sporting events, and other activities.
- Enforce rules regarding conduct.
DUTIES: * Operate a Dorchester County School Bus; * Maintain regular paperwork associated with transporting students; * Perform Pre and Post trip inspections of buses; * Monitor st...
Bus drivers transport people between various places-including, work, school, shopping malls-and across state and national borders. Some drive regular routes, and others transport p...
Now Hiring Part-Time School Bus Drivers in Augusta, ME At Company, our Bus Drivers are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer ser...