School Counselor Job Description
- Help students develop and implement realistic career and academic goals.
- Evaluate and advise students using interviews, counseling sessions, interest and aptitude assessment tests.
- Identify and help those that are being bullied.
- Give information sessions on timely topics such as bullying, drugs, and peer pressure.
- Work with students who have special needs.
- Operate career information centers or career education programs.
- Provide classroom advice and guidance.
- Observe children during classroom instruction and play.
- Evaluate strengths, weaknesses, problems, or special needs.
- Ensure curriculum addresses both the academic and the developmental needs of students.
- Work in diverse community settings.
- Advise students about potential college majors, entrance exams, and financial aid.
- Help locate apprenticeship programs.
- Help students develop job search skills.
- Provide college career planning.
- Help students to understand and deal with social, behavioral, and personal problems.
- Provide the tools to enhance students' personal, social, and academic growth.
- Provide students with life skills to deal with problems.
- Lead alcohol and drug prevention programs.
- Hold conflict resolution classes.
- Identify cases of domestic abuse and other family problems.
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, school administrators, school psychologists, medical professionals, and social workers.
School Counselor will support the Special Education Teacher in the implementation of curriculum instruction and in maintaining a safe and nurturing environment. They will demonst...
Requisition Number 16-1783 Title (ISOH) Insight School of Ohio Counselor - 2016/17 City Columbus State OH Description Counselors INSPIRE THE FUTURE! K ...
Keiser University is a regionally accredited, private, career university that provides educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels for a diverse student body. The...