Sculptor Job Description
- Model three-dimensional substances including stone, marble, concrete, plaster, wood to create forms.
- Use metalworking, welding, carving, whittling, chiseling, or shaping to construct artistic forms.
- Utilize tools such as chisels, gouges, and mallets to create objects.
- Cut and carve images out of blocks of wood, plaster or stone.
- Reference lifelike or living models while creating object.
- Refer to photographs or scenery for inspiration.
- Incorporate sound, light and motion into the artwork
- Use clay or wax to shape objects.
- Cut, twist, laminate, secure, and fasten raw and manufactured materials.
- Use finger or small hand tools to smooth out rough edges or carve details.
- Cast substances in bronze or concrete.
- Teach about sculpting techniques and mediums.
- Reach out to galleries to exhibit work.
- Showcase objects at trade shows.
- Negotiate prices.
- Form catalogues or portfolios to exhibit work.
- Arrange to have sculptures shown in museums or universities.
- Select materials for new projects.
Do you love HALLOWEEN? If so we have the perfect job for you! Adecco is looking for Food Sculptors to carve pumpkins part time October 6th - October 27th in Old Westbury, NY. If ...
The Exterior Automotive Designer will create production exterior design proposals while demonstrating exceptional design intuition, strong presentation and design communication ski...
The Clay Modeling Supervisor is responsible for supervising all aspects of model development, including assignment and development of sculptors. The Clay Modeling Supervisor will s...