- Job Descriptions
Responsible for performing an office's administrative activities and managing the office's information database. Compiles, stores, and retrieves company information.
- Communicate company information to the public.
- Operate file management system.
- Retrieve files for personnel.
- Conduct research.
- Manage schedules and book conference rooms.
- Handle travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files.
- Initiate and oversee projects, including company activities.
- Disseminate information by using the telephone, mail services, Web sites, and e-mail.
- Utilize office equipment, including fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, and videoconferencing and telephone systems.
- Compose correspondence.
- Create spreadsheets and input data.
- Perform data entry.
- Create presentations and reports.
- Handle budgets.
- Negotiate with vendors.
- Handle purchase orders.
- Manage stockrooms and keep inventories replenished.
- Make coffee or set out food for guests.
- Support members of executive staff.
- Review incoming memos, submissions, and reports and respond appropriately.
- Prepare agendas.
- Take minutes of meetings.
- Conduct research and prepare statistical reports.