Security Guard Job Description
- Protect property and lives by patrolling the area.
- Monitor entrance of property through surveillance.
- Identify visitors and ask for appropriate documents.
- Guard against theft and maintain security.
- Respond to alarms and calls of distress.
- Stop suspicious people and ask for identification.
- Investigate thefts and file police reports.
- Call for aid if necessary.
- Use walkie-talkies, pagers, and cell phones to stay in contact with security personnel.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Report rule infractions and violations.
- Issue tickets and citations.
- Apprehend criminals and evict violators.
- Prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Check purses, pockets, and bags for suspicious items.
- Remove weapons and stow away for later retrieval.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Regulate and monitor building systems.
- Inspect windows and doors to ensure locks are in place and working.
Local employer seeking applicants for the position of Security Guard. job duties will include: guard, patrol, or monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rule...
Employer seeking applicants for the position of Security Guard. job duties will include: guard, patrol, or monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules. Pay...
Part Time Security Guard needed for Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. Occasional over nights. Average 18 - 20 hours a week. Good job for mature, dependable individual. Drug s...