- Job Descriptions
- Self-enrichment Instructor
Responsible for instructing others on various subjects either for pleasure or for self-improvement. Teaches students recreational classes that include painting, pottery, cooking, playing musical instruments, or photography.
- Provide instruction on a variety of recreational subjects.
- Conduct courses on academic subjects, including foreign language and literature.
- Encourage voluntary attendance.
- Provide useful skills that can pad resumes.
- Demonstrate methods or techniques for various self-enrichment classes.
- Point out mistakes and offer corrections or suggestions.
- Provide hands-on instruction.
- Instruct students on where and what materials to buy.
- Collect payment for classes.
- Teach financial planning or how to budget.
- Teach classes offered through religious institutions, such as marriage preparation or classes in religion for children.
- Introduce children and youth to activities such as piano or drama.
- Provide one-on-one instruction.
- Work with same students for years to enrich expertise.
- Prepare lessons beforehand.
- Stay current on topics using research methods.
- Keep records of student accounts.