Sheet Metal Worker Job Description
- Select appropriate type of sheet metal, such galvanized iron, copper, steel, aluminum
- Measure appropriate size of sheet metal.
- Cut sheet metal by hand or using power shears.
- Cut into shapes to be used in heating and air conditioning ducts.
- Interpret blueprints to decide where ducts will go.
- Bend ducts to form shapes.
- Drill holes into ducts to bolt together.
- Weld, solder, or rivet ducts together.
- Smooth over rough edges with file.
- Install ready-made ducts.
- Work with work with fiberglass, plastics, and other nonmetallic materials.
- Operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls to cut bend, block and form or straighten materials.
- Install assemblies in supportive framework.
- Use scribers, dividers, and squares to mark dimensions on materials.
- Operate computer aided drafting (CAD) equipment to develop scale drawings of products or systems.
- Operate laser beam cutter to cut patterns.
- Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Coordinate schedules.
- Analyze and resolve work problems.
Since 1906, Schwickert's Tecta America has been serving commercial building owners and residential homeowners across the Midwest. With locations in Mankato, Minneapolis and Rochest...
ATI Forged Products produces and markets a wide range of specialty metal alloys, including titanium, nickel, and steel forgings to end use markets such as aerospace, energy, oil & ...