Sheet Metal Worker Job Description
- Select appropriate type of sheet metal, such galvanized iron, copper, steel, aluminum
- Measure appropriate size of sheet metal.
- Cut sheet metal by hand or using power shears.
- Cut into shapes to be used in heating and air conditioning ducts.
- Interpret blueprints to decide where ducts will go.
- Bend ducts to form shapes.
- Drill holes into ducts to bolt together.
- Weld, solder, or rivet ducts together.
- Smooth over rough edges with file.
- Install ready-made ducts.
- Work with work with fiberglass, plastics, and other nonmetallic materials.
- Operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls to cut bend, block and form or straighten materials.
- Install assemblies in supportive framework.
- Use scribers, dividers, and squares to mark dimensions on materials.
- Operate computer aided drafting (CAD) equipment to develop scale drawings of products or systems.
- Operate laser beam cutter to cut patterns.
- Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Coordinate schedules.
- Analyze and resolve work problems.
ATI Forged Products produces and markets a wide range of specialty metal alloys, including titanium, nickel, and steel forgings to end use markets such as aerospace, energy, oil & ...
Life Cycle Engineering Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, publi...
Superior Group is looking for a Sheet Metal Mechanic for our client in Madison, MS. Engages in production activities by repairing and overhauling aviation sheet metal compone...