Responsible for protecting the lives of citizens and property by patrolling an area to uncover suspicious or illegal activity. Arrests criminals, assists motorists during accidents, and enforces traffic laws.
- Patrol assigned area and watch for suspicious activity.
- Arrest people for suspected crimes, including burglary, theft, drugs, larceny, homicide, and sexual crimes.
- Solve emergency and routine incidents.
- Conduct preliminary and follow-up investigations.
- Gather and bag evidence at crime scenes.
- Patrol buildings and ensure they are secure.
- Apprehend suspects who flee.
- Search vehicles for drugs or paraphernalia.
- Perform sobriety tests on those suspect of driving under the influence.
- Pull over speeding vehicles and issue citations.
- Interview victims and complainants.
- Prepare reports of arrests and file paperwork.
- Serve warrants and subpoenas.
- Search houses and other properties for evidence.
- Assist local fire departments and emergency medical technicians.
- Perform search and rescue operations.
- Search for missing persons.
- Contact and cooperate with other law enforcement agencies in matters relating to the investigation of crimes and the apprehension of offenders.
- Conduct public information sessions on law enforcement matters.
- Provide security in county courts.
- Issue citations and warnings.