Singer Job Description
- Sing lyrics during performances with the goal of entertaining audiences.
- Convey emotion including joy, sadness, revenge, heartbreak, or conflict in songs.
- Sing different styles, including pop, jazz, rhythm and blues, rock, or country.
- Arrange instruments to accompany vocals, such as piano or saxophone.
- Apply knowledge of harmony, melody, rhythm, and voice production during numbers.
- Rehearse with ensemble or director of production.
- Train or prep voice using different melodies and ranges.
- Project voice so all of audience can hear.
- Observe director's cues on stage.
- Study and memorize music.
- Provide backup vocals.
- Record demos of songs in studios.
- Work with producers to fine-tune songs or albums.
- Collaborate with a manager or agent who handles administrative details, finds work, and negotiates contracts.
- Research roles.
- Collaborate with creative directors to improve the sound and style.
- Go on tour with band or independently to promote music.
- Perform at festivals, theatrical productions, concerts, coffee shops, bars, or other venues.
- Give voice lessons to students interested in learning the art of singing.
- Write lyrics to songs.
- Commission songwriters to write lyrics.
Position Description Ryerson, one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a Truck Driver to join our warehouse team in Louisville, KY. Successful cand...
The purpose of this position is to entertain the Guest via various show venues. AUDITIONS REQUIRED. Includes singers, dancers, custome characters, and high profile characters. May ...
Position Summary: The Speech The UC Irvine Voice and Swallowing Center has an opening for a full time speech pathologist who will work closely with a fellowship trained laryngo...