Social Scientist Job Description
- Observe links between society and human behavior.
- Conduct field studies of cultures.
- Design and lead research projects, including both long and short-term projects.
- Formulate research questions.
- Provide analysis of collected information.
- Plans, designs, and authorizes highly complex research projects to provide a framework for collection and analysis.
- Conducts and manages ethnographic research, determines methodology, and analysis to develop research instruments for interview protocols and surveys.
- Provides authoritative advice on all phases, types of socio-cultural research, and analysis to develop a common operating picture of the socio-cultural combat environment for recommendations
- Directs and participates in qualitative and quantitative data collection methodologies to include direct observation, visual ethnography, key leader engagement, participant observation, depth interviewing, group or focus group interviewing, surveying, secondary source research, and mixed method approaches.
- Conduct statistical analysis at varying levels of complexity.
- Perform research and provide guidance and mentorship regarding research methodologies.
- Provide input on public opinion surveys and focus groups.
- Conduct numerical and trend analysis.
- Collect primary data for the social study.
- Utilize all study design elements to organize, track, and manage data.
- Transcribe interviews.
- Track all participation utilizing established research organizational tools.
- Enter all contact/participant status information in established database.
- Participate in outreach events to communicate research and network with study participants as needed.
Job Description Imagine your next position as a Manager, Social Scientist for a Fortune 200 Company with a rich tradition of success, built on a foundation of iconic brands, an...
We're looking for talented software engineers to join the Bing engineering team and build data and services infrastructure that enable search and analytics across social networks, ...
The Senior Director of Social will be responsible for creating a strategy for the HGV social media presence both domestically and abroad. The Senior Director will lead and manage t...