Soil Scientist Job Description
- Evaluate and interpret soils and soil-related data.
- Perform extensive research on soil morphology and soil forming factors, soil chemistry, soil physics, and soil biology.
- Investigate soils for application of wastes in a variety of forms, including non-hazardous process wastes (residue and sludge management) and more distinct engineering and suitability of sites for on-site disposal of residential waste.
- Research soil systems and soil management by both public and private institutions.
- Evaluate soils as they relate to natural resource management, including forest soils, wetlands, environmental endangerment assessments, ecological evaluations, and archeological sites.
- Manage soils for land enhancement such as in landscape design, mine reclamation, and site restoration.
- Assess soil for environmental hazards, including hazardous waste sites that involve soil investigation techniques, evaluation of chemical fate and transport phenomena, and suitable remediation alternatives.
- Regulate the use of land and soil resources by private and public interests.
- Manage soils for agricultural purposes, forest products and erosion control.
- Modify nutrient and water availability.
- Manage soils for protection of human affairs.
- Evaluate soil conditions and help farmers, builders, and environmentalists decide how best to take advantage of local soils.
- Consult with engineers and other technical personnel working on construction projects about the effects of, and solutions to, soil problems.
- Serve as farm advisors, crop consultants, or representatives of agricultural companies.
- Address water quality concerns.
- Focus on the soil's role in a healthy ecosystem.
Project Level Engineer/Scientist - Remediation - East Windsor, NJ Woodard & Curran is an 800-person, integrated engineering, science, and operations company. Privately held and s...
Job Description Our Environmental team in Iselin, NJ is currently hiring for a Project Geologist or Environmental Scientist to join our team.Performs non-routine and complex assig...
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more t...