Sound Engineering Technician Job Description
- Operate recording and amplification machines.
- Use sound mixing boards to mix and edit tracks.
- Establish production goals alongside producers.
- Adjust sound quality and volume.
- Duplicate recordings into different formats.
- Test, operate, maintain, and repair equipment.
- Keep records of recordings.
- Listen to audio from both a musical and a technical perspective.
- Adjust recording levels.
- Install equipment and ensure it's functioning properly.
- Obtain clean recording of audio.
- Correct poor recordings.
- Run cable, check mikes, and set up baseline levels.
- Operate control panel.
- Load and unload equipment.
- Set up microphones.
- Place mikes on drums and guitar amplifiers.
- Assign mikes a level to ensure balanced sound.
- Participate in creative process.
- Give advice on doubling up on vocals and adding and subtracting instruments.
- Experiment with different kinds of microphones and microphone placements.
- Push faders.
- Press record, stop, and play.
Companies with Similar Jobs
Location: San Diego, CA (TSG) Job Code: 3290 # of openings: Direct Unfunded or Contingent Requisition Category:Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. has a job opportunity for an Acoustic...
Automotive Master Technicians, EP Technicians, & Technicians Needed Pep Boys is looking for qualified Automotive Master Technicians, EP Technicians, and Technicians to join our a...
DESCRIPTION Job Description: Electrical Technician The person in this position will perform multiple and various complex tests of outdoor handheld power products. These produc...