Special Education Teacher - Kindergarten Job Description
- Teach disabled children who have mild to moderate disabilities.
- Instruct students at the elementary school level.
- Modify traditional education curriculum to meet child's needs.
- Assist children with specific learning disabilities, speech or language impairments, mental retardation, emotional disturbance, multiple disabilities, hearing impairments, orthopedic impairments, visual impairments, autism, combined deafness and blindness, traumatic brain injury.
- Help identify children with special needs.
- Use various teaching methods to promote learning, including intensive individualized instruction, problem-solving assignments, and small-group work.
- Ensure appropriate accommodations are available in class and when a student needs to take a test.
- Develop an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student.
- Set personalized goals.
- Develop transition plan outlining specific steps to prepare students for middle school or high school or a job or postsecondary study.
- Review the IEP with the student's parents, school administrators, and the student's general education teachers.
- Inform parents of child's progress.
- Design and teach appropriate curricula.
- Assign work as needed.
- Grade papers and homework assignments.
- Record grades in grade book.
- Provide students with career counseling.
- Help general educators adapt curriculum materials and teaching techniques to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
Our community center in Princeton, located in Carnegie Center, is now hiring a Pre-K Teacher. With this position, you will help to create an educational and fun environment for chi...
POSTING DETAILS Job Title Clinical Assistant Professor, Elementary Education Position #: TBD Job Type: Full-Time Job Category ...
Northwest Educational Service District's Northwest Regional Learning Center in Arlington is accepting applications for an Instructional Assistant. The primary role of the Instructi...