Special Education Teacher - Middle School Job Description
- Teach disabled children who have mild to moderate disabilities.
- Instruct students at the middle school level.
- Modify traditional education curriculum to meet child's needs.
- Assist children with specific learning disabilities, speech or language impairments, mental retardation, emotional disturbance, multiple disabilities, hearing impairments, orthopedic impairments, visual impairments, autism, combined deafness and blindness, traumatic brain injury.
- Help identify children with special needs.
- Use various teaching methods to promote learning, including intensive individualized instruction, problem-solving assignments, and small-group work.
- Ensure appropriate accommodations are available in class and when a student needs to take a test.
- Develop an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student.
- Set personalized goals.
- Develop transition plan outlining specific steps to prepare students for middle school or high school or a job or postsecondary study.
- Review the IEP with the student's parents, school administrators, and the student's general education teachers.
- Inform parents of child's progress.
- Design and teach appropriate curricula.
- Assign work as needed.
- Grade papers and homework assignments.
- Record grades in grade book.
- Provide students with career counseling.
- Help general educators adapt curriculum materials and teaching techniques to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
Companies with Similar Jobs
Requisition Number 16-1851 Title (MVCA) Substitute Middle School Special Education Teacher City Statewide State MI Description Substitute Middle School Sp...
Requisition Number 16-0759 Title (MGLVA) Middle School Special Education Teachers- 2016/17 City Statewide State MI Description Middle School Special Educa...
Sparta Township Public Schools Sparta High School Special Education Teacher Anticipated Opening - Maternity Leave February 26, 2016 to May 20, 2016 Mathematics Teacher Anticipated ...