Special Education Teacher - Preschool Job Description
- Teach disabled children who have mild to moderate disabilities.
- Instruct students at the preschool level.
- Modify traditional education curriculum to meet child's needs.
- Assist children with specific learning disabilities, speech or language impairments, mental retardation, emotional disturbance, multiple disabilities, hearing impairments, orthopedic impairments, visual impairments, autism, combined deafness and blindness, traumatic brain injury.
- Help identify children with special needs.
- Use various teaching methods to promote learning, including intensive individualized instruction, problem-solving assignments, and small-group work.
- Ensure appropriate accommodations are available in class and when a student needs to take a test.
- Develop an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for each student.
- Set personalized goals.
- Develop transition plan outlining specific steps to prepare students for middle school or high school or a job or postsecondary study.
- Review the IEP with the student's parents, school administrators, and the student's general education teachers.
- Inform parents of child's progress.
- Design and teach appropriate curricula.
- Assign work as needed.
- Grade papers and homework assignments.
- Record grades in grade book.
- Provide students with career counseling.
- Help general educators adapt curriculum materials and teaching techniques to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
Companies with Similar Jobs
Instruct children (infants to 5 years of age) in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for primary school in preschool, day care center, o...
As a Preschool Aide at Company, you will be responsible for assisting the teacher in implementing/providing a modified program for preschool children with special needs in a classr...
WE ARE HIRING 7 TEACHERS FOR 3 OF OUR CENTERS IN ST LOUIS! PLEASE INDICATE WHICH POSITION YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ON YOUR COVER LETTER. SUPERIOR CHILDREN\'S CENTER - BRENTWOOD K-Prep...