- Job Descriptions
- Stock Clerk
Responsible for receiving merchandise, unloading or unpacking it, marking it with codes to be identified, stocking shelves, and helping customers place orders. Works in stores, warehouses, stockrooms, and other storage facilities. May involve heavy lifting.
- Accept delivered packages and ensure proper amount is inside.
- Unload merchandise.
- Mark items with identifying codes, such as price, stock, or inventory control codes.
- Stock shelves with unpacked items.
- Ensure label is clear and visible.
- Help customers fill orders.
- Complete customers mail, Web, and phone orders by retrieving the ordered merchandise.
- Compute price of merchandise.
- Keep records of sale.
- Prepare merchandise for shipment.
- Replenish inventory.
- Ensure customer received product.
- Replace damaged or missing products.
- Operate forklift to lift or place merchandise.
- Work with salespeople on inventory and orders.