Streetcar Operator Job Description
- Operate streetcars to transport passengers.
- Drive electric-powered streetcars, trolleys, and light-rail vehicles that run on streets or on separate tracks above ground.
- Observe signals on the track that indicate when they are supposed to start, stop, or slow down.
- Watch for people or debris on tracks.
- Make announcements, such as the stop, final destination, or delays.
- Control the vehicle’s speed based on regulations for the section of track on which they are operating.
- Open and close vehicle doors at scheduled stops.
- Watch to make sure all passengers get on and off the vehicle safely.
- Help disabled passengers off car.
- Communicate with dispatchers to report or be informed of delays or other problems.
- Listen for warnings about dangerous weather conditions.
- Report delays.
- Ensure the safe evacuation of passengers during a breakdown or emergency situation.
- Take payments from passengers and issue receipts.
- Test vehicles during non-operating hours and report problems to management.
- Take in cars for repairs.
- Drive in regular traffic and obey traffic laws.
- Answer questions about fares, schedules, and routes.
Salary range: $38,300 - $47,900 Close date: September 13, 2016 General Description - Under direction, plans, schedules, and assigns work of division personnel engaged in...
Salary range: $58,800 - $78,400 Close date: September 30, 2016 General Description - As a City of Atlanta employee, the Document Control Manager integrates document contro...
Description POSITION SUMMARY: The state transportation reporter has two primary responsibilities: anticipating and covering the major policy initiatives that will alter the wa...