Surgical Technologist Job Description
- Prep operating room.
- Ensure instruments are present and sterilized.
- Assemble both sterile and nonsterile equipment.
- Check for malfunctioning equipment.
- Get patients ready for surgery by washing, shaving, and disinfecting incision sites.
- Transport patient to operating room.
- Move them to table.
- Cover patient with surgical drapes and ensure they are warm and comfortable.
- Observe vital signs.
- Check charts.
- Assist surgical team with application of gloves and gowns.
- Alert anesthesiologist when patient is ready.
- Assist surgeon during operation.
- Hand tools over if necessary.
- Hold retractors, cut sutures, and help count sponges, needles, supplies, and instruments.
- Transfer patient to operating room after procedure.
- Prepare, care for, and dispose of specimens taken for laboratory analysis.
- Clean and replenish operating room with supplies.
- Assist with waking up patient after procedure.
Company: VCU Health System (Medical College of Virginia) Facility: VCU Health System - MCV Hospitals at Richmond Department: Labor & Delivery VCU Health Systems Labor & Delive...
Job Details: * Under the supervision of nursing and medicine, facilitates the safe and effective provision of invasive surgical procedures, encompassing neonates to geriatric...