Survey Researcher Job Description
- Design and conduct surveys for various clients.
- Conduct survey in person or over phone.
- Collaborate with client to develop customized questions.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate surveys.
- Collect data using methods such as interviews, focus groups, market analysis surveys, public opinion polls, going door to door, reviewing files, and compiling literature reviews.
- Identify survey needs.
- Design survey instruments and materials.
- Direct work of staff members and fellow researchers.
- Direct updates and changes.
- Present summaries and analyses of survey data, including tables, graphs, and fact sheets.
- Analyze data from surveys, old records, and/or case studies.
- Gather information about survey topics.
- Classify and record survey data.
- Field checks complex survey instruments, including final drafts of interview protocols, accuracy of logic sequences, and appropriate completion of survey instruments.
- Translates coded, written survey results and enters data into appropriate format for data analysis. Extracts data from surveys and transcribes information into appropriate format.
- Handle respondent questions/concerns relating to the survey including use of data, funding sources.
- Re-contacts those who initially refuse to participate in the survey to negotiate their participation.
- Perform support services involving word processing, spreadsheet, database programs.
Duties/Responsibilities will include: 1. Manage survey research projects under the supervision of senior project staff 2. Develop and implement survey questionnaires in coopera...
Research Interviewers conduct scripted surveys by telephone to ask people their opinions on a variety of important topics. Phone interviewing is a challenging and dynamic work tha...
Abt SRBI, the survey research arm of Abt Associates, is one of the nation’s largest public policy survey firms. We are a mission-driven company. Policy-makers turn to us for soluti...