Switchboard Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
Companies with Similar Jobs
TOP LOCATION FOR Switchboard Operator JOBS
BANKERS' BANK, Madison, WI Position Description Administrative Assistant Full-Time Non-Exempt M-F 8am-5pm Job Summary The Administrative Assistant (Admin Assistant) p...
Novitex Enterprise Solutions delivers innovative document and communications management solutions that help companies around the world drive business process efficiencies, increase...
Part-Time Switchboard Operator JOB NUMBER: 151026 LOCATION: Whiteman Air Force Base, MO POSITION TYPE: Part-time (Minimum of 12 hours per week with the opportunity for addit...