Switchboard Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
Job Title: Receptionist, Job Posting #106 Location: Tomar Electronics, Inc., 2100 W. Obispo Avenue, Gilbert, AZ 85233 Opening Date: January 27, 2015 Closing Date: February ...
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving more than 200 commercial and government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness throug...
Job Description: SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR Department: I.S. / Telecom Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day/Night shift Hours: Varying shifts; 7am-3pm/3pm-11pm ...