Switchboard Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
Healthcare Quality Strategies, Inc. (HQSI) Job Description Administrative Associate (Temporary Position through 7/31/14) Reports to: Compliance Officer Key Re...
Job Description: SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR Department: I.S. / Telecom Schedule: Part Time Shift: Weekend shift Hours: 16 hours - every Sat and Sun 3pm-11...
Job Description for Advertising Purposes Switchboard Operator - Long term Contract Hours: 8:30-5:30pm (Monday through Friday) for 6 months or more Location: Needham, MA headqu...