Switchboard Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
Companies with Similar Jobs
TOP LOCATION FOR Switchboard Operator JOBS
Receptionist The receptionist reports to the Dallas Office Manager. Hours are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. It is part of the Dallas office administrative support te...
SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regar...
Job Details: * POSITION SUMMARY: The Switchboard/Emergency Information Operator will process high volumes of phone calls, aid hospital personnel with emergency codes and provide ...