Switchboard Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
The Switchboard Operator provides caller-related assistance and information to all internal and external callers. 1. Activates S.D.C directory system and switches from PC keyboard ...
JOB DESCRIPTION SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR Overview Pioneer Home Care, Inc. is a family owned and run business based in the Bronx, New York. Pioneer offers an array of home care ser...
TELEPHONE OPERATOR-SWITCHBOARD LOCATION: Portland STATE: ME ORGANIZATION: Maine Medical Center FACILITY: Maine Medical Center DEPARTMENT: Switchboard STD HRS/WK...