Switchboard Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
I. JOB SUMMARY: The Office Assistant position works in the Credit Department serving as part of ENSTAR's customer service team. This position is part of a task rotation performing...
Job ID 12566 Shift Night Schedule Type Part-time with Benefits Weekend Work Every Other Weekend Holidays .. Department Name Operator Services Ho...