Switchboard Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
Administrative Professional – San Francisco This position is located in San Francisco and will report to the San Francisco Office Manager and is part of the San Francisco office...
Administrative Professional – Finance Department The finance administrative professional reports to the Southfield Office Manager. This position will support the Global Controll...
Applicant will serve as the liaison between the customer and the Service Desk to solve issues. Will provide phone support for overflow voice recognition calls, operator support (sw...