Switchboard Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
Superior Staff Resources has an immediate need for a Switchboard Operator for a global organization in Lake Forest, IL. This is a one week temporary fill. Job Summary: Pleasa...
Job Description: SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR Department: I.S. / Telecom Schedule: Part Time Shift: Day/Night shift Hours: 16 hours a week; every Sat & Sun 3p...