Switchboard Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
Washington College is seeking qualified applicants for the Switchboard Operator position. This position is responsible for the daily operation of the central switchboard; routes ca...
JOB DETAILS: * Appropriately manages responses to outside and in-house telephone calls, the pocket paging system, public address system, hospital alarm system, and hospital em...
The Switchboard Operator provides caller-related assistance and information to all internal and external callers. 1. Activates S.D.C directory system and switches from PC keyboard ...