Switchboard Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
Receptionist The receptionist reports to the Dallas Office Manager. Hours are 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. It is part of the Dallas office administrative support te...
JOB SUMMARY The Switchboard Operator performs switchboard activities which include; the operation of the main hospital telephone console system, the in-house paging system, moni...
SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR I. POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing good customer service by processing incoming and outgoing calls, give general informati...