Switchboard Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
Companies with Similar Jobs
TOP LOCATION FOR Switchboard Operator JOBS
SUMMARY: Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, responsible for the daily administration of the Minneapolis office. Observes confidentiali...
Switchboard Operator JOB NUMBER: 151026 LOCATION: Whiteman Air Force Base, MO POSITION TYPE: Part-time (minimum of 12 hours per week with the opportunity for additional hour...
Requirements Operates a telephone switchboard console to process all incoming and outgoing calls by performing all console functions. Complies with all North Shore Medical Cente...