Switchboard Operator Job Description
- Work at switchboards at a variety of businesses and handle outgoing, interoffice or incoming calls.
- Operate PBX or private branch exchange switchboards to facilitate connections.
- Take and relay messages.
- Announce when visitors arrive.
- Relay important information.
- Handle emergency calls.
- Assist customers in making telephone calls.
- Research and advise on rates.
- Assist callers with other questions.
- Help callers make long-distance or local calls.
- Provide customers with area codes, telephone numbers and other information.
- Interrupt a busy line if there is an emergency.
- Place a person-to-person call.
- Monitor an automated system in which callers place collect calls.
- Operate telegraph equipment and satellite communications equipment.
- Perform receptionist functions as needed.
- Handle all directory assistance queries.
Companies with Similar Jobs
TOP LOCATION FOR Switchboard Operator JOBS
Administrative Professional – Finance Department The finance administrative professional reports to the Southfield Office Manager. The hours are 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM, Monday throug...
Posting Title Switchboard Operator City Needham State/Province MA Job Overview Mutual Telecom Services Inc. d/b/a Black Box Network Services (Black B...
Description Virginia Mason is an internationally recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care. With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes ...