Responsible for coordinating the construction, maintenance, and expansion of an organization's computer systems.
- Oversee development and maintenance of computer systems.
- Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
- Set up organization's intranets.
- Design and implement system security and data assurance.
- Configure and install computer systems for other organizations.
- Design and develop software.
- Test software applications and systems.
- Develop different types of software, including computer games, business applications, operating systems, network control systems, and middleware.
- Apply knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
- Analyze users' needs.
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
- Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions including algorithms that tell computers what to do.
- Convert instructions into computer languages.