Responsible for auditioning, casting, and supervising talent during a TV, film, movie, or theatrical production. The talent director negotiates salaries, works alongside the director to make better casting choices, and contacts agents who represent talent.
- Audition and select talent to perform in musicals, movies, plays, films, or TV series.
- Read scripts to find the best fit for each role.
- Negotiate contract agreements with performers.
- Submit lists of suitable performers to producers or directors
- Work with talent agents to book actors.
- Provide actors with scripts and schedules for shootings.
- Find actors housing if necessary.
- When deciding cast, review photos, resumes, voice tapes, and casting videos.
- Hire and manage workers to assist with production.
- Attend productions to seek out talent.
- Arrange for screen tests.
- Hire extras in bulk for scenes.
- Ensure performers have makeup and costume attendants on set.
- Compile talent files for future use.