Tax Collector Job Description
- Resolve and collect unpaid tax debts from individuals and businesses.
- Issue subpoenas and request seizures of property on default accounts.
- Conduct background and financial status checks.
- Research the status of claims, liens, mortgages and other financial obligations.
- Enforce liens to settle debts.
- Garnish wages to collect taxes.
- Assist delinquent tax filers set up debt repayment methods.
- Maintain a detailed reporting of tax receivable.
- Work with Tax Assessor in preparing and verifying commitment.
- Attend to bank foreclosures, bankruptcy cases, and auctions of real property.
- Organize, direct, and supervise the work of technical and clerical staff in secured and unsecured tax collections.
- Resolve taxpayer complaints.
- Prepare and direct tax sales.
- Review penalty appeal applications and submits them with findings and recommendations pursuant to the tax code for determination.
- Analyze tax data and prepare statistical reports.
- Interview and participate in the selecting, hiring, coaching, supervising and evaluating the performance of subordinate staff.
Responsibilities:The incumbent will be responsible for leading a collections operation of Retained and outsourced collectors, with a portfolio exceeding $215M, comprised of 50,000 ...
Job Title Senior Collector Job Description Wisconsin 12575 Uline Dr. Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158 Uline Shipping Supply Specialists "The people I work with are as p...
Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serve...