Tax Examiner Job Description
- Examine tax returns to determine if deductions and credits should be allowed.
- Work with federal, state, and local governments.
- Report any adjustments or corrections tax examiners make to the States.
- Determine whether the adjustments affect the taxpayer's State tax liability.
- Conduct audits.
- Identify taxes payable.
- Determine the factual basis for claims for refunds.
- Handle simple tax returns filed by individuals.
- Perform clerical duties.
- Review tax returns and enter them into a computer system for processing.
- Contact taxpayer to resolve discrepancy.
- Check taxpayers' math and make sure that the amounts they report match those from other sources.
- Verify that Social Security numbers match names.
- Ensure taxpayers interpret instructions on tax forms.
- Make copies of returns and file.
- Ensure all deductions are legitimate.
- Contact taxpayers by mail or telephone to address discrepancies and request supporting documentation.
- Notify taxpayers of any overpayment or underpayment and either issue a refund or request further payment.
- Adjust the total amount by assessing fees, interest, and penalties and notify the taxpayer of the total liability.
- Work with more complex tax issues, such as pensions or business net operating losses.
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan lif...
City Goleta State/Province California Job Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements The Sr. Tax Accountant will be responsible for the preparation and rev...
span br Tax Manager job available in Yorba Linda area. Paying up to 90k. Strong taxation background needed with international experience. br B /B br B Duties: /B ...