Responsible for managing tax reporting and compliance within an organization. Ensures tax returns are completed and accurate to minimize tax obligations. Responsible for tax planning in preparation for future filings.
- Assist public and private company clients in reaching their goals through audit, tax, advisory, risk assessment.
- Ensure a company's annual earnings, expenditures and investments are reported with accuracy and completeness.
- Plan and prepare state and federal returns for companies.
- Interpret the U.S. tax code.
- Research the implications of tax laws and advise clients on tax related issues.
- Help minimize task risks associated with IPOs, mergers, and acquisitions, and other business dealings.
- Audit internal controls for accuracy.
- Track income and property taxes.
- Research and develop tax-saving strategies.
- Reconcile tax data on financial statements.
- Plan, direct, and execute various tax projects.
- Perform research and prepare/review technical tax memorandum.
- Manage, develop, and mentor staff/managers on projects and assess performance through formal periodic reviews and informal feedback.
- Oversee complex tax research projects for clients in diverse industries.