Tax Preparer Job Description
- Compute taxes owed by following tax code.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Advise against potential tax liabilities.
- Ensure clients do not pay unnecessary taxes.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Interview clients to get a thorough picture of financial situation.
- Verify totals on past forms for accuracy.
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
- Consult tax law handbooks for especially difficult tax returns.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Recommend additional products and services.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
- Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: • Bachelors Degree in Accounting • Minimum of 5+ years of recent experience working on Fiduciary Tax for a quality Law Firm, Accounting Firm or Bank Trust ...
The CFO will report to the Chief Operating Officer The appropriate candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline; CPA preferred. In addition, he/sh...
Shannon & Wilson, an engineering consulting firm established in 1954, is seeking a Controller/Accounting Manager to join our Corporate Office in Seattle. The successful applicant ...