Tax Preparer Job Description
- Compute taxes owed by following tax code.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Advise against potential tax liabilities.
- Ensure clients do not pay unnecessary taxes.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Interview clients to get a thorough picture of financial situation.
- Verify totals on past forms for accuracy.
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
- Consult tax law handbooks for especially difficult tax returns.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Recommend additional products and services.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
- Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer.
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over twenty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers...
Work closely with an experienced accountant on financial reviews, internal controls, taxation, audit compliance, and periodic management information reporting requirements as well ...