Tax Preparer Job Description
- Compute taxes owed by following tax code.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Advise against potential tax liabilities.
- Ensure clients do not pay unnecessary taxes.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Interview clients to get a thorough picture of financial situation.
- Verify totals on past forms for accuracy.
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
- Consult tax law handbooks for especially difficult tax returns.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Recommend additional products and services.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
- Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer.
Labcyte, a global biotechnology tools company of 125+ employees, is looking for an experienced Sr. GL/Payroll Accountant to join our growing team. Reporting to the Sr. Accounting M...
Position: Regular, full-time Staff Accountant; 7:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday, additional time as needed. Basic Function: The ideal candidate will be responsible for ...
Position Staff Accountant - Payroll Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Controller Summary Job Description: The Payroll Accountant will ensure timely and accurate payroll p...