Tax Preparer Job Description
- Compute taxes owed by following tax code.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Advise against potential tax liabilities.
- Ensure clients do not pay unnecessary taxes.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Interview clients to get a thorough picture of financial situation.
- Verify totals on past forms for accuracy.
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
- Consult tax law handbooks for especially difficult tax returns.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Recommend additional products and services.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
- Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer.
Position Staff Accountant - Payroll Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Controller Summary Job Description: The Payroll Accountant will ensure timely and accurate payroll p...
For more than 130 years, some of society’s most challenged citizens have benefited from the programs and services we provide. Our work is organized along three areas of practice: ...
Overview: Stamps.com is currently an experienced Payroll & Benefits Analyst to join our payroll department. Reporting to the Manager, Payroll & Benefits, the Analyst will be resp...