Tax Preparer Job Description
- Compute taxes owed by following tax code.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Advise against potential tax liabilities.
- Ensure clients do not pay unnecessary taxes.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Interview clients to get a thorough picture of financial situation.
- Verify totals on past forms for accuracy.
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
- Consult tax law handbooks for especially difficult tax returns.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Recommend additional products and services.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
- Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer.
Companies with Similar Jobs
TOP LOCATION FOR Tax Preparer JOBS
JOB REQUIREMENTS: • Bachelors Degree in Accounting • Minimum of 5+ years of recent experience working on Fiduciary Tax for a quality Law Firm, Accounting Firm or Bank Trust ...
Shannon & Wilson, an engineering consulting firm established in 1954, is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Corporate Office in Seattle. The successful applicant will perfo...
Are you seeking an employer with excellent salaries and benefits that include 40+ days of paid leave, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement and much more? Well, look no further. ...