Tax Preparer Job Description
- Compute taxes owed by following tax code.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Advise against potential tax liabilities.
- Ensure clients do not pay unnecessary taxes.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Interview clients to get a thorough picture of financial situation.
- Verify totals on past forms for accuracy.
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
- Consult tax law handbooks for especially difficult tax returns.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Recommend additional products and services.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
- Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer.
TAX PREPARER * POSTED ON: January 12, 2016 * LOCATION: MESQUITE, TX, 75150, US Pro Staff is currently looking for a Tax Preparer in the Mesquite, TX area. In ...
* Gather and inspect clients' tax documents * Enter clients tax forms information in the system * Interview clients in order to collect relevant information needed for correctl...
JOB DESCRIPTION Tax preparer to handle returns in busy CPA firm. Candidate will be responsible for responding to tax returns, responding to client emails, and creating general le...