Tax Preparer Job Description
- Compute taxes owed by following tax code.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Advise against potential tax liabilities.
- Ensure clients do not pay unnecessary taxes.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Interview clients to get a thorough picture of financial situation.
- Verify totals on past forms for accuracy.
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
- Consult tax law handbooks for especially difficult tax returns.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Recommend additional products and services.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
- Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer.
Carl Zeiss Inc, located in Thornwood, New York, functions as the holding company and service provider for its wholly owned subsidiaries in the United States and Canada. In the mark...
Work collaboratively as a leader of the global Tax Department to plan and manage the preparation of the Company’s US income tax returns as well as portions of its tax provision. T...
Whitlock is a global leader in AV integration, videoconferencing solutions and managed services. We help clients maximize, standardize and protect the value of their audiovisual te...