Tax Preparer Job Description
- Compute taxes owed by following tax code.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Advise against potential tax liabilities.
- Ensure clients do not pay unnecessary taxes.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Interview clients to get a thorough picture of financial situation.
- Verify totals on past forms for accuracy.
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
- Consult tax law handbooks for especially difficult tax returns.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Recommend additional products and services.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
- Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer.
Were are looking for two Income Tax Preparers in the Madawaska area. Experience a plus but not required. Job requires working with clients, interpreting tax law, and working with t...
Tired of seasonal tax preparer positions that end in April? Looking for a permanent opportunity? Call today! Prepares various Federal and State returns. Must have corporat...
POSITION SUMMARY Prepares various Federal and State returns, schedules and forms in accordance with federal and state requirements to meet the time sensitive needs of both our leg...