Tax Preparer Job Description
- Compute taxes owed by following tax code.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Help taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
- Uncover potential deductions and credits.
- Advise against potential tax liabilities.
- Ensure clients do not pay unnecessary taxes.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
- Interview clients to get a thorough picture of financial situation.
- Verify totals on past forms for accuracy.
- Calculate and invoice for form preparation fees.
- Consult tax law handbooks for especially difficult tax returns.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Recommend additional products and services.
- Prepare tax returns using electronic filing software.
- Ensure a copy of the completed return is provided to the customer.
The Payroll Supervisor will handle complex transactions processing semi-monthly payroll for 800+ employees for more than 200 state and local tax jurisdictions. Candidate must be fa...
The ideal Candidate will: To prepare and process files for title examination and title insurance Obtain lien and mortgage releases; as applicable Order title searches and surv...
Bankers’ Bank, Madison, WI Position Description Staff Accountant Full Time, Non-Exempt, M-F 8:00AM – 5:00PM Job Summary The Staff Accountant is responsible for overseeing d...