Teaching Assistant Job Description
- Provide instructional and clerical support for teachers.
- Help children learn class materials.
- Reinforce what teacher taught during previous periods.
- Prepare presentations.
- Provide students with one-on-one attention and instruction.
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, and hallways, or on field trips.
- Help prepare materials for instruction.
- Purchase materials as necessary.
- Listen while students read.
- Review and reinforce class lessons.
- Help students find information for reports.
- Take charge of special projects and prepare equipment or exhibits.
- Work in computer laboratories.
- Help students use software and other educational instruments.
- Grade tests and papers.
- Check homework.
- Provide tutoring.
- Take attendance.
- Perform filing and typing duties.
- Attend to the physical needs of students with disabilities, including feeding, teaching grooming habits.
- Keep classroom neat and clean.
- Work with young adults to help them obtain a job or to help them apply for community services.
- Evaluate students' progress.
- Supervise the children at play and assist in feeding and other basic care activities.
JOB SUMMARY Teaching Assistant responsibilities may include assisting in course activities, teaching classes, grading homework and projects, holding office hours, and other dutie...
ADVERTISEMENT TEXT Please note this posting is for two vacancies (2 FTE s). POSITION PURPOSE To assist TDI faculty and administrators with overall curriculum planning, impl...