Job SummaryResponsible for using components and parts to produce machines, goods, products, and other objects. Reads and interprets blueprints, positions parts, and examines connections for correct fit. Performs repairs as needed and reports errors in assembly line.
- Rotate through different tasks on assembly line.
- Decide how the work is assigned and how different tasks are performed.
- Study and interpret assembly instructions.
- Listen to directions from supervisors.
- Determine if all parts are present.
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Read parts list.
- Assemble tools and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies.
- Interpret measurements.
- Verify specifications.
- Assemble components.
- Ensure all parts are fitted and screwed in properly.
- Alter dimensions to fit specifications.
- Resolve assembly and production issues.
- Complete preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and perform repairs as needed.
- Ensure working environment is clean and safe.
- Report errors in product line.
- Check stock to ensure inventory is replenished.
- Complete quality control forms.
- Place orders for supplies.