- Job Descriptions
- Telecomm Specialist
Responsible for coordinating the installation of computer software programs and networks, including computer-assisted engineering programs for schematic cabling projects, modeling programs for cellular and satellite systems, and programs for telephone options, such as voice mail, email, and call waiting.
- Oversee the installation of computer software programs and networks.
- Maintain and modify programs as necessary.
- Provide supervision and technical direction to technicians ensuring the successful operation of telecommunications and network infrastructure.
- Design the voice and data communication systems for a company.
- Audit telecommunication networks.
- Perform wireless device monitoring and administration.
- Perform tower structural analysis for placement of antennas.
- Troubleshoot equipment.
- Oversee construction of telecommunications equipment and facilities.
- Anticipate the future needs of clients.
- Plan, coordinate and provide input towards the ongoing development of the network infrastructure for delivery of data, voice, and multimedia service.
- Analyze, integrate, and implement Web applications.
- Research emerging technologies.
- Consult with outside vendors on all issues related to telecommunications, computers, hardware, software, and other matters.
- Provide advice on network infrastructure and telecom hardware and software issues.