Television Announcer Job Description
- Write and report the news.
- Operate control board.
- Ask experts to come on the show and provide feedback and analysis.
- Conduct interviews.
- Ask relevant questions.
- Provide lead-ins for reports.
- Read teleprompters and scripts.
- Improvise as needed.
- Present sports and weather.
- Provide live coverage during events such as council meetings, protests, court hearings, coverage of disasters, holiday events, and other important breaking news.
- Introduce in-depth videotaped films and provide narration.
- Summarize and comment on news items.
- Gather information using research, interviews, and polls, and then analyze and interpret it for their audience.
- Cite various sources during reporting.
- Verify sources and fact-check items used in reports.
- Develop perspectives about news subjects through research, interviews, observation, and experience.
- Edit material to ensure it fits in time slot.
- Examine and report on news items of local, national, and international significance.
- Determine which news story warrants the highest priority.
- Obtain and follow through on assignments.
The Senior Operations Coordinator will be responsible for preparing and providing the necessary physical elements and facilities for televised remote events / productions; orders a...
Weathercaster Anchor/Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) Do you have a passion for wall-to-wall weather coverage? Can you tell a great weather story both in the field and in the studio? K...
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB: JOB DESCRIPTION: This posting is not for a specific opening; we are building a database of qualified candidates for future opportunities. Tha...