Responsible for handling customer transactions at banks, including taking deposits, disbursing cash, opening accounts, and investigating fees.
- Process routine account transactions.
- Open accounts, including savings and checking.
- Help customers fill out deposit and withdrawal slips.
- Use adding machine.
- Disburse money to customers.
- Validate the deposit slip and stamp it by machine.
- Check for photo identification.
- Assist customers at the drive-through window.
- Greet people warmly and direct them to appropriate bank personnel.
- Handle loan payments and cash checks.
- Sell traveler’s checks and money orders.
- Collect loan and utility payments.
- Promote bank products.
- Record all transactions.
- Report suspicious activity to police.
- Exchange foreign currency.
- Count cash at beginning and end of shift.
- Balance currency, cash and checks in cash drawer at end of each shift.