Responsible for testing and evaluating the software applications and systems that make computers function.
- Design and executive test plans on computer applications.
- Record and document results and compare to expected results.
- Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected.
- Generate historical analysis of test results.
- Document anomalies and issues.
- Maintain database of software defects.
- Examine code and execution of code in various environments.
- Verify specific action or function of code.
- Operate and maintain test networks.
- Provide application instructions for users.
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications.
- Create meaningful error handling procedures for application code.
- Ensure compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards and those standards set forth by upstream sources.
- Perform application security audits.
- Implement application designs, create queries, scripts, web pages and other deliverables.
- Participate in application planning meetings.
- Ensure data integrity standards.
- Perform reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections.