Tile & Marble Setter Job Description
Responsible for installing tile, marble, terrazzo panels, and glass in buildings and residences. Applies tile to walls, ceilings, and floors for decorative purposes.
- Apply tile or marble to ceilings and walls of buildings, including homes and businesses.
- Install decorative concrete mixture in floor at schools, offices, and hospitals.
- Measure and cut marble according to specifications.
- Drill holes into the corners of marble sheet.
- Insert fasteners into holes.
- Create plaster mixture and apply to wall.
- Press marble onto plaster mixture.
- Squeeze special mix between slabs.
- Smooth and finish mixture.
- Clean off residue.
- Remove damaged or destroyed tiles or marble.
- Apply cement to walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Set tile in place and push into cement.
- Utilize tools such as hammers, chisels, trowels, putty knives, power grinders, and polishers.
- Crack tiles to proper shape and size.
- Apply base of mortar to floor.
- Level mortar with straightedge.
- Place metal strips in mortar.
- Mix colored cement and marble chips to make the terrazzo.
- Smooth mixture over mortar base.
- Smooth and polish surface with machines.