Responsible for transporting people from one place to another for work, errands, school, or other reasons. Takes fares from passengers, issues receipts, announces routes, and ensures passengers get out safely.
- Transport people from one place to another on a transit bus.
- Operate bus by applying brakes, starting and stopping engine.
- Drive regular routes on a schedule.
- Announce next destinations.
- Transport passengers on chartered trips or sightseeing tours.
- Drive through traffic and obey traffic laws.
- Deal with unruly passengers.
- Stop frequently, often only a few blocks apart and when a passenger requests a stop.
- Collect fares and issue change.
- Answer questions about schedules, routes, and transfer points.
- Report accidents or other traffic disruptions to a central dispatcher, and follow directions when using an alternate route.
- Assist disabled passengers.
- Check the bus tires, lights, and oil and do other basic maintenance.
- Follow state and federal transit regulations.
- Keep passengers informed of delays.