Transportation manager Job Description
- Oversee transportation department, including its assets and employees.
- Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Ensure customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user.
- Supervise air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions.
- Establish quality transportation services.
- Develop partnerships with outside carriers in shipping.
- Plan and implement budgets.
- Utilize services of less-than-truckload carriers and air-forwarders to handle fulfillment shipments.
- Supervise scheduling of shipments.
- Review financial reports.
- Manage performance of branch employees with emphasis on productivity, efficiency, and service delivery.
- Lead all distribution and transportation planning and strategic activities.
- Recruit, interview, select, train, motivate, coach, and mentor shipping clerks and transport drivers.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities.
Job Description: Transportation Manager! Salary depends on experience Generous Benefits! JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage the timely and accurate delivery and back haul activiti...
Company Profile: Our client is one of the world s leading full service third party logistics provider specializing in customized freight forwarding and supply chain solutions. Serv...
Transportation Manager Company Profile: FedEx Trade Networks provides comprehensive ocean and air international freight forwarding, customs brokerage, global order logistics, distr...