Responsible for supplying specific goods or services to individuals or companies. May sell items at a fair, sporting event, market, or any place frequented by consumers.
- Supply goods to clients.
- Sell refreshments, programs, alcohol, novelties, or cushions at sports events, parades, concerts, or other venues.
- Takes orders and checks inventory to ensure products are in stock.
- Describes product features and tells people how to maximize its use.
- Hand, pass, or throw items to the purchaser and in turn receive payment, making change as necessary.
- Collect money for sales.
- Count money at the end of a shift and turn over income.
- Reimburse manager or boss for the provision of vended items.
- Search for purchasers among large crowds.
- Keep foodstuffs hot or cold.
- Dispense napkins, straws, and condiments as needed.
- Greet customers warmer and answer questions about products.
- Negotiate pricing for products and services.
- Replenish inventory as needed.
- Count out correct change using simple math.
- Manage different vendors.
- Clean up machines, bags, and other equipment at the end of a shift.
- Collect tips from customers.
- Ensure food meets health and safety standards and is kept at optimal temperatures and conditions.