Cyber Threat Analyst (TS/SCI w FSP) - Cyber Threat Analysis Program -
Symantec - Mountain View, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Symantec Symantec
- Mountain View, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- 367BR-Washington DC R...367BR-Washington DC Remote-A
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Relentlessly protect the world's information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an 'essential' partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
The Americas Sales Organization relentlessly protects information of small, midsize, and enterprise customers by offering more than 200 solutions within its security, infrastructure operations, information risk & compliance, storage and business continuity software portfolios. These solutions are delivered to customers through multiple sales channels, including Direct B2B/Public Sector, Value-Added/Large Account Resellers and Global Strategic Partnerships. Setting us apart from our competitors is the devotion and time we take to understand our customers' requirements better than everyone else. Driven by our core values in every interaction, we help our customers revolutionize their businesses, so that each and every employee feels proud to be a part of the winning team of Symantec.Responsibilities
The Cyber Threat Analyst is an individual with comprehensive knowledge of threat actor capabilities, intentions, methodologies and motives. The Analyst must be familiar with CNE (computer network exploitation) and CNA (computer network attack) methodologies and maintain an understanding of the relationship these activities have with government and critical infrastructure. The Cyber Threat Analyst should be a proven team player but capable of working on projects independently; they must possess extremely effective oral and written communications skills as they will be expected to present strategy, analysis reporting output and status information to the client in both formal and informal review settings. This position requires frequent interaction with government clients. Occasional local travel and occasional weekend work should be expected.
The Cyber Threat Analyst will be required perform consulting duties across several Cyber disciplines, activities may include:
* Leverage proprietary Symantec data, as well as customer provided and open source data, to perform all-source fusion analysis and satisfy cyber intelligence requirements
* Provide technical expertise to Customer in identifying, modeling and reporting on emerging threats
* Develop and support briefings to senior leadership as a cyber intelligence subject matter expert.
Network Security Operations Analysis*
* Prioritize identified threats to Customer's network, managing risks associated with such threats, and assisting with response to such threats
* Provide information regarding Customer's network operations to assist with various security assessments and auditing engagements as requested
* Perform analysis on Customer computer network intrusions.
* Assist in the collection and preservation of evidence associated with Customer's computer network intrusions following industry best practices and established procedures
* Develop and support briefings to senior leadership as a cyber forensic subject matter expert.
* Conduct a behavioral and code-based review of items identified as possible malware; dynamic and static analysis
* Reverse engineer items identified as possible malware, including protocol disassembly and reconstruction
* Reverse engineer new vulnerabilities in order to build counter attack signatures against known and unknown threats
*(typically the scope of an Analyst's duties are limited to two disciplines)Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Info