Junior Education Analyst
Applied Engineering Management Corporation - Chantilly, VA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Job Description: Junior Education analyst position serves as a technical assistant to Local Education Agencies, and some specific State Education Agencies. The education analyst supports the customer in protection of privacy and security of education data in accordance to the policy definition and guidance provided by the U.S. Department of Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing technical and policy support to local, postsecondary, state, and early childhood agencies on their data privacy and security policies and procedures
• Providing general support for privacy, policy, and security activities.
• Open support tickets and attempt initial problem resolution.
• Escalate concerns that cannot be resolved to the PTAC Project Manager and/or ED Family Policy Compliance Office for review.
• Proactively work with users to maximize participation.
• Communicate “lessons learned” to PTAC Project Manager.
• Ensure that all user concerns are fully resolved.
• Assist with logistical arrangements for education regional meetings and lessons learned forums
• Ensure that all callers are fully satisfied with the service provided.
• Ensure regular maintenance of assigned tickets.
• Participate in assigned project tasks and activities.
Skills and Specifications
• Advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Proficient in MS PowerPoint
• Solid mathematical aptitude and effective task management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong customer service aptitude and attention to detail.
• Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
• Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a virtual environment.
• Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
• Ability to exercise judgment to solve administrative problems where the answer is not apparent.
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Policy, Education, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution.
AEM is an equal opportunity employer
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
Training and Tuition, Voluntary Dental Benefits