Manager, Market Development
TheMcGraw-HillCompanies - New York, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
McGraw Hill Higher Education has an opening for a Market Development Manager to fill a leadership role on its Social Sciences team in New York.
The Market Development Manager (MDM) is responsible for identifying priority faculty to involve in product development efforts with the goal of enhancing developmental feedback and seeding adoptions. The MDM will work with brand managers, development, marketing and sales to build and track ongoing and high-value relationships with key target faculty representing our largest and most important growth opportunities ensuring that the market is being developed as our key programs are being developed. The MDM will direct and use many kinds of activities to collect, analyze and communicate developmental feedback on first edition and growth programs.
* Work closely with Brand Managers, Marketing Managers, and Developmental Editors to build, implement and track complete market development plans
* Develop full market development plans that consist of reviewing full program components and message
* Plan, implement and run events that include symposia, focus groups, regional events, WebExes, class tests, etc.
* Build and implement successful follow-up activities for each of these activities
* Ensure all financial measures (revenue, profit, and conversions) are attained.
* Work closely with Brand Manager and development team to build market development budgets for key titles. Track those budgets throughout the full development of the program.
* Manage a team of freelancers as necessary to help plan events, track conversions, execute on plans.
* Interact frequently with internal and external customers
* Bachelor's degree required
* 3+ years publishing experience in editorial, marketing or sales required
* Strong PC/Internet skills including working knowledge of Excel and other Office programs
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Independent problem-solving and decision-making skills
* Strong project management skills and attention to details
* Ability to analyze data and spreadsheets
ABOUT THE COMPANY
MCGRAW-HILL HIGHER EDUCATION (MHHE) is a part of McGraw-Hill Education. MHHE is a leading technological innovator, as well as a provider of traditional learning materials, to the higher education market. Our professional publishing operations provide essential information and expert guidance in business, education, consumer, medical, scientific, and technical fields.
MCGRAW-HILL EDUCATION, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, is a leading innovator in the development of teaching and learning solutions for the 21st century. Through a comprehensive range of traditional and digital education content and tools, McGraw-Hill Education empowers and prepares professionals and students of all ages to connect, learn and succeed in the global economy. McGraw-Hill Education has offices in 33 countries and publishes in more than 65 languages.
THE MCGRAW-HILL COMPANIES (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.