Product Engineer, International
Tribune Media Services - Queensbury, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
As TMS builds more complex products and services across global markets, it will be imperative to have a resource able to speak the same language as technical resources at our data sources and customers. This Product Engineer will fill that role by engaging customers in conversations and converting customer needs into existing product and service capabilities or creating new product charters and specifications, while also developing processes to support ongoing operation of new products.
* Develop relationships with key sources and customers across markets and geographies (primarily Latin America and Europe) to understand their roadmap objectives and how TMS products are currently implemented and how they plan to implement them into the future.
* Assist in detailed integration testing of products prior to customer launch.
* Develop technical product documentation.
* Assist in product definition of all new products to understand technically how they will meet the needs of defined target markets.
* Works with customers to survey their technical capabilities prior to launch of products and services.
* Drives resolution of complex client or product issues.
* Communicates directly with key technical contacts at customers about products and implementation issues.
* Understands at a detailed level how TMS products are being utilized and how changes to existing products and new products will impact a customer's product and install base.
* Work with customer and sales representatives in a pre-sales mode to design solutions that satisfy the customer's requirements while maintaining operational efficiencies.
* In conjunction with Product Manager, develops best practices and tools for implementation of products.
* Elicit feedback on product ideas and concepts from major customers, drives prototypes of content and applications when appropriate.
* KEEP UP TO DATE WITH THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY FOR PURPOSES OF RECOGNIZING SOLUTIONS TO IMPLEMENTATION OF TMS PRODUCTS.
* B.S. in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
* Desire written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English.
* Minimum 5 years experience in a software development role.
* Demonstrated leadership, communications, project management, organizational and problem solving skills.
* Experience in media or information management industries a plus.
* Knowledge of application development languages, SQL access of databases, web technologies, and XML required.
* Experience in management or implementation of web-based, web services, or embedded device products.
* Experience utilizing product management methodologies such as Stage-Gate a plus.
* Occasional international travel to client sites, conventions, training locations, etc.