Strategic Sales Manager
Coverity - San Francisco, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Coverity Coverity
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
What is Coverity?
You may not have heard of us but we're involved in every aspect of your life. Coverity is the market leader in the Development Testing category of products that find and eliminate defects in software code. We perceive this to be a multi-billion dollar market opportunity. Over 1,100 global brands use Coverity to deliver software free of crash-causing bugs and security problems. We were in your cell phone, your gaming software, your internet search engine, and your x-ray machine long before you got there. We've been quietly providing material value to the entire software consumer universe for the last 10 years.
We're building enterprise-wide applications installed at the world's most widely recognized companies, and used by hundreds-of-thousands of developers. It's tough work and we're tackling things no one else is taking on. Software defects create real and material daily issues for us all. Our mission is to change the way software is developed by creating and selling precision software analysis tools to help our customers build high integrity software that is fail-safe ...and to do it faster and cheaper.
Coverity is a private company of over 200 employees headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in 8 countries. We are funded by some of the best in the venture world - Foundation Capital and Benchmark Capital. We want you to enjoy coming into work because you are intellectually interested, driven to succeed, recognized for your contribution, and enjoy collaborating with an amazing group of people. If you want to change the world of software development, please read on...
Strategic Sales Manager:
Coverity is seeking a Strategic Sales Manager to drive bookings from new and existing customers. This individual contributor must be a proven sales executive in the software tools arena with demonstrated experience exceeding quota selling complex solutions to engineering development teams. The Strategic Account Sales Manager will report to the Regional Director of Sales and will work closely with the Account Manager and Sales Engineer.
Major Responsibilities:- Drive new business revenue within a limited number of key North American accounts.- Develop comprehensive account plans to understand the accounts, their existing usage of Coverity or other solutions, and key value propositions for their use of Coverity. Develop and execute tailored strategies to penetrate each of the divisions, grow usage, and develop the accounts into full enterprise deployments of Coverity's technology.- Manage existing user groups within existing accounts for satisfaction, internal referenceability, return on their investment, growth, and renewal.
- Work closely with marketing and take advantage of / tailor their programs to maximize new opportunities, develop existing opportunities, and solidify customer relationships
- Work within established Coverity sales guidelines, practices, and processes, leverage the assets that Coverity has developed. Fill in the gaps as necessary
- Work as a member of the North American sales team. Collaborate, share your account knowledge, learnings, and best practices to help your teammates
Requirements:- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute sophisticated account strategies resulting in significant bookings growth within major national or global accounts over multiple years
- The demonstrated ability to manage a complex sales cycle with significant business and technical components. The ability to develop and present a meaningful ROI presentation to justify the cost of your product
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed quotas selling a technical solution to a technical audience
- An understanding of the software development process and of the challenges that software engineers, managers, and executives face on a daily basis
- Experience using common sales and business tools: Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office suite, etc.
- Smart, creative, energetic, conscientious, and enthusiastic persona with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Enjoy fast-paced, energetic environment. Entrepreneurial and results oriented.
Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:- World-class healthcare vendors with comprehensive medical, dental & vision programs
- Company reimbursement of your commute costs up to $125 per month- Open-ended Paid-Time-Off -- allowing you to take time as you need it without waiting for an accrual to collect. There is no maximum to this program, as long as you get the job done!
- 401(k) plan with 50% employer match and no vesting schedule!
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5k per year towards approved programs
Ready to make a difference? If you have the above experience and skills we want to talk with you!