Systems Business Analyst III
Amerigroup - Virginia Beach, VA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Systems Business Analyst III
JOB ID: 2012-19974
# POSITIONS: 1
LOCATION: US-VA-Virginia Beach
SEARCH CATEGORY: Information Technology
TYPE: Regular Full-Time (30+ hours)
POSTED DATE: 8/8/2012
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Responsible for functional area and its interrelation with other areas in the capacity of gathering requirements, performing analysis, supporting the development and testing processes of assigned functional area and incorporating the applications, data, and associated technologies for supported areas. Analyzes and reports on complex business problems to be solved with automated systems or other resources. Provide expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Work with programming staff to ensure requirements will be incorporated into system design and testing. Act as a resource to users of business applications and procedures. Provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems and department processes and less experienced business analysts. Researches, plans, coordinates and recommends software and system choices to meet the company's business requirements. Utilizes knowledge and skills to address business challenges to improve efficiency and decision making, reduce redundancy, and enhance business results.
1. Perform detailed requirements gathering, analysis, and process and data flow diagramming for simple processes of moderate complexity, considering the relationship between processes. Identify risks and multiple solutions.
2. Evaluate and test complex new/modified programs, applications and/or operating systems to ensure adherence to operational specifications. Monitor system and business functionality and performance. Document and track product defects. Coordinate problem resolution with development and/or product vendors.
3. Work with business owners to analyze requirements and processes and with Information Technology as an advocate to ensure quality and timeliness of systems/project deliverables.
4. Use Standard Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methods or industry best practices. Understand strategic alignment of configuration solutions with business objectives.
5. Recommend improvements to existing procedures and business processes. Influence others to follow existing procedures.
6. Read and interpret a design document.
7. Read and interpret conceptual, logical, and physical models to include context diagrams, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, data dictionaries and logical flow charts.
8. Design moderately complex system configuration based upon business requirements ensuring optimization of auto-adjudication. Draft and maintain design documentation for all projects.
9. Configure all approved system changes and settings.
10. Use appropriate methods to resolve moderately complex design issues.
11. Develop and run moderately complex queries and reports for business analysis and trends. Perform data base updates.
12. Write, revise, and verify test plans for moderately complex systems in a software application.
13. Ensure compliance of current license and support agreements and requirements are met.
14. Manage multiple priorities at the same time.
15. Functions as a liaison for IT and the business and other cross functional resources and departments.
16. Lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
17. Mentor and lead less experienced BAs and functional area associates.
18. Manage project related budgets.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline. Equivalent experience in a Business or Systems Analyst role is acceptable in lieu of a degree(s).
YEARS AND TYPE OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Five years experience in systems analysis, or business analysis.
- Health Care industry experience.
Certifications or Licensures
- CBAP (Certified Business Analyst Professional)
- Advanced understanding of the inter-relationship among various IT applications and systems.
- Advanced proficiency with all applicable company supported software applications.
- Advanced understanding of how each department/health plan relates to the organization as a whole.
- Understand data modeling concepts (e.g., the entity-relation model) and their application: entities and tables, relations and constraints, attribute data types and column data types.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of current technology trends.
- Able to develop and maintain customer relationships.
Computer Skills and Office Equipment:
- Ability to use software and hardware of a computer to complete certain simple to moderately-complex tasks.
- Skills to use basic office equipment such as telephone, fax machine and copy machine.
- Working knowledge in a windows environment to include navigation skills using a mouse and keyboard.
- Use of internet.
- Ability to review and draft correspondence in email system and word processing systems.
- Ability to use spreadsheets to review, organize and edit data.
- Ability to use software to conduct data analysis, reporting and sharing of information to solve problems.
Spreadsheet Utilization and Management
Proficient in use of spreadsheet applications such as Excel including ability to use large data sets, filters to find specific data in a large list and calculation tools.
Database Utilization and Database Management
Proficient in database utilization including ability to conduct queries and design databases, and perform multiple table query design.
Thorough understanding of system's utilization and considered a systems SME for the following systems:
- NetworX/Facets - build pricing based on provider contracts using Facets applications. Build benefit plans based on State regulations using Facets benefit applications.
- MACESS - contracts and claim images are stored. MACESS Workflow tool for contract life-cycle.
- Software products from Ingenix for prospective payment system (PPS) - pricing.
- Clearquest is used to track projects knowledge and familiarity using a project inventory tracking system.
Leverage available tools such as: TOAD, UltraEdit, Microsoft Project, Microsoft query analyzer SQL mgr, VISIO, (Google), Internet Search, Internet research, use and understand generally accepted templates and BA tools. Powerpoint. SDLC (software development life-cycle), TeamTrack, SharePoint, Ability to go through CNR (change notification request) process.
Industry Knowledge & Familiarity
General understanding of the healthcare industry including, how the industry works, how claims are paid, who are providers (hospitals phy ofc, ancil), and who are payors (insurance companies).
Gather and Document Requirements
- Ability to prepare simple to moderately-complex requirements documents.
- Ability to facilitate requirements gathering including determining the most efficient and effective way to capture the requirements, and managing kick off and subsequent status meetings.
- Ability to manage timelines and due dates.
- Ability to recognize and understand business changes that impact requirements and incorporate changes into documentation.
- Ability to read and re-read requirements documents multiple times while maintaining detail orientation.
Ability to read a contract and understand the operational requirements the contract creates. Read, review and understand a contract and tease out requirements from legal verbiage. Contracts are tedious and incumbent needs to be detail oriented and have ability to synthesize what they are reading into action, rules,