Veterinary Assistant Job Description
- Perform medical tests on animals.
- Interpret results and inform owner.
- Treat and diagnose medical conditions.
- Order and interpret diagnostic imaging tests.
- Perform laboratory tests such as urinalysis and blood counts.
- Brush teeth and clip nails.
- Prepare tissue samples.
- Take blood and give injections.
- Record medical histories.
- Expose and develop x rays and radiographs.
- Discuss pet's condition with owner and possible solutions.
- Dispense medication.
- Train and supervise personnel.
- Provide care for cats, dogs, mice, rats, sheep, pigs, cattle, monkeys, birds, fish, and frogs.
- Record information on an animal's genealogy, diet, weight, medications, food intake, and clinical signs of pain and distress.
- Euthanize ill or unwanted animals.
- Participate in biomedical research.
- Clean cages.
- Restrain, lift, and hold animals as needed.
- Bathe and feed animals.
Full or part time position with strong potential for full time (for the right candidate) for a Receptionist/Veterinary Assistant in a busy veterinary office. Applicant must have a...
Company is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in our Veterinary Technology degree program. This position incl...
Hendersonville Veterinary Hospital is a two doctor AAHA accredited hospital with six full-time support staff. We are currently in need of an experienced veterinary technician assis...